A new test version of simsMVA has been released with several updates (download here):
- Fixed issue when loading depth profiling and 3D ToF-SIMS datasets
- Various other bug fixes (thank you for your feedback)
New, improved map overlay functions that can handle both 2D and 3D data
New video tool to visualise 3D data (original data and MVA results)
New image enhancement tool for post processing of imaging PCA/NMF results
It is now possible to convert a 3D dataset into 2D (imaging) or 1D (depth profiling) data. The converted dataset will be loaded on a new tab, maintaining its “hyperspectral” aspect. This is an extremely useful tool that was developed out of need (no other software can do that).
Completely revamped 3D visualisers
Additionally to a series of bug fixes in the 3D data loader, the 3D visualiser and the 3D overlay tools were redesigned to allow more customisation (they are also now applicable to both the original data AND MVA results!).
The Z-correction tool has also been improved. The user can now pre-process the data and select whether to base the correction on a substrate or topographical feature
You can now find on the top menu 18 different example datasets of various different structures. This includes 4 examples of analytical techniques other than SIMS. This list of examples is as follows:
- Particles: metal particles on an organic substrate.
- Blend: a cross-section of a polymer blend deposited onto a metal substrate (see publication).
- Adhesive 1 & 2: surface of an industrial adhesive with circular features.
- Droplet: surface of a topographical metal droplet.
- Dicarboxylic acids: a set of spectra from standard dicarboxylic acids (see publication).
- Wood: spectra from wood samples together with standards for lignin and cellulose (see publication).
- Coffee: spectra of different types of coffee (see publication).
- Polypropylene: spectra of polypropylene-based composites with varying formulations.
- Metal multilayer: a dual-beam (Bi+ Cs+) depth profile of various different metallic layers.
- Organic/metal interface: a dual beam (Bi+ Ar_n+) depth profile of a hybrid interface.
- Encapsulated polymer: a polymer “sphere” encapsulated by another polymer matrix.
- Copper grid: a copper grid on an aluminium substrate.
- Organic/metal interface: the 3D version of the depth profiling example.
- Raman map: a Raman microscopy map of a droplet casted on SiO2.
- XPS profile: an XPS – C1s depth profile.
- PIXE map: a microbeam PIXE map of a cross-section.
- PIXE spectra: a set of various slightly different broad-beam PIXE spectra.